1. Pakistan Academy for Rural Development, Peshawar is a Training-cum-Research Organization of the Federal Government working since 1957. The Academy offers various training programs on emerging themes of Rural Development to meet the changing needs of professionals working at various levels of governance. The following training programmes are planned for the month of September 2012:
|S. No||Program Title||Period|
|1||Two-day Training Course on ‘New Trends of Governance’ (in collaboration with CESSD)||September 04-05|
|2||Three-day Training Course on ‘Water Management for Agriculture Development’||September 11-13|
|3||Five-day Training Course on ‘Natural Resource Management Through Community Participation’||September 17-21|
|4||Three-day Training Course on ‘ Entrepreneurship for Rural Women||September 25-27|
2. You are requested to nominate 2/3 officers (Grade 16 & above) for each program separately, keeping in view the relevance of the proposed training programmes to their jobs. The nomination(s) must be sent to the Academy at least one week before start of the respective training courses preferably along with contact numbers of the nominee(s).
3. The PARD is a gender sensitive institution and encourages women’s participation/nomination in the courses. However, since the Academy has no separate facility for infants/kids, the participants are therefore, advised not to bring infants/kids with them.
4. There is no Training Fee, however, the participants will have to bear the boarding and lodging costs themselves. The Academy has accommodation facilities, which are provided to the participants on approved rates. The participants can also have food at the Academy cafeteria on payment. The TA/DA of the participants shall be borne by their respective nominating departments/organizations.
5. The nominees may be advised to report at the Academy for registration before 0900 hours on the starting date of their respective courses. Registration will close at 0930 hours on the first day and those arriving late would not be accepted for the training. To avoid inconvenience the participants coming from outside Peshawar are advised to report at the Academy hostels one day prior to the course commencement.