Research Methods - MCQ's
The items is one of several pages on the website, Designed to test visitor’s knowledge of the basic concepts of business research. 25 Multiple Choice Questions are presented with the answers at the end of the page.
1. In the research process, the management question has the following critical activity in sequence.
- Origin, selection, statement, exploration and refinement
- Origin, statement, selection, exploration and refinement
- Origin, exploration, selection, refinement, and statement
- Origin, exploration, refinement, selection and statement
2. The chapter that details the way in which the research was conducted is the _________ chapter
- Literature review
- Research methodology
- Data analysis
- Conclusion and recommendations
3. Business research has an inherent value to the extent that it helps management make better decisions. Interesting information about consumers, employees, or competitors might be pleasant to have, but its value is limited if the information cannot be applied to a critical decision.
4. The researcher should never report flaws in procedural design and estimate their effect on the findings.
5. Adequate analysis of the data is the least difficult phase of research for the novice.
6. The validity and reliability of the data should be checked occasionally
7. Researchers are tempted to rely too heavily on data collected in a prior study and use it in the interpretation of a new study
8. What is a good research? The following are correct except
- Purpose clearly defined
- Research process detailed
- Research design thoroughly planned
- Findings presented ambiguously
9. Greater confidence in the research is warranted if the researcher is experienced, has a good reputation in research, and is a person of integrity
10. A complete disclosure of methods and procedures used in the research study is required. Such openness to scrutiny has a positive effect on the quality of research. However, competitive advantage often mitigates against methodology disclosure in business research.
11. Research is any organized inquiry carried out to provide information for solving problems.
12. In deduction, the conclusion must necessarily follow from the reasons given. In inductive argument there is no such strength of relationship between reasons and conclusions.
13. Conclusions must necessarily follow from the premises. Identify the type of arguments that follows the above condition.
- Combination of Induction and Deduction
- Deduction Variables
14. Eminent scientists who claim there is no such thing as the scientific method, or if exists, it is not revealed by what they write, caution researchers about using template like approaches
15. One of the terms given below is defined as a bundle of meanings or characteristics associated with certain events, objects, conditions, situations, and the like
16. This is an idea or image specifically invented for a given research and/or theory building purpose
17. The following are the synonyms for independent variable except
- Presumed Cause
18. The following are the synonyms for dependent variable except
- Presumed effect
- Measured Outcome
- Predicted fromâ€¦
19. In the research process, a management dilemma triggers the need for a decision.
20. Every research proposal, regardless of length should include two basic sections. They are:
- Research question and research methodology
- Research proposal and bibliography
- Research method and schedule
- Research question and bibliography
21. The purpose of the research proposal is:
- To generate monetary sources for the organization
- To present management question to be researched and its importance
- To discuss the research efforts of others who have worked on related management question.
22. A proposal is also known as a:
- Work plan
- Draft plan
- All of the above
23. Non response error occurs when you cannot locate the person or could not encourage the respondent to participate in answering.
24. Secondary data can almost always be obtained more quickly and at a lower cost than __________data.
25. The purpose of __________________ research is to help in the process of developing a clear and precise statement of the research problem rather than in providing a definitive answer.
1. a. 2. c. 3. a. 4. b. 5. b. 6. b. 7. a. 8. d. 9. a. 10. a. 11. a. 12. a. 13. C. 14. a. 15. c. 16. b. 17. c. 18. d. 19. a. 20. a. 21. a. 22. e. 23. a. 24. d. 25. c.