Last decade the most common word and the one most heard, emphasized, talked about, discussed and promoted is change. Leaders have used it for votes, Business have used it for motivation, commitment and organisational growth.
Change has always been present, sometimes we could see it, other times we just ignore it, it not possible that we do not witness it. Those who accept the fact that with changing times we have to bring in necessary transsformation in us, will have a chance to be successful, Chance because, it depends alot on how well we cope with change, how timely are our efforts, how well we utilise the resources, how we we control our plans, we do we make the best of the environment and its gaps, the match we strike between our strengths, weaknesses and external opportunities and threats.
Change is not an exclusive phenomenon and shall not be dealt as one, it requires an understanding is phenomenons that compliment it, one that aid in making a successful change happen. The most important is focusing on developing oneself through change. It all known that change requires both the individuals and the organisation to grow. Its not complex and rocket science, it should start with the identification of the area in which the business and individual operates. Once area is found a stepping stone is created that set the direction to focus. Not everyone is innovative to find out ways afterwards one could read case studies, make observations. Here are a few steps that could help develop and deal with change.
- Identify what change area is influencing you
- Learn about the changes that are taking place in the area.
- Assess how these changes are affecting you
- What are the possible affects of those changes.
- What you must change in youurself to deal with it, dont try to avert change as u will fail
- Do read alot, and try implementing the alternatives to deal with change,
- Keep on reflecting on your implementations, and ask yourself
- What went well
- What went wrong
- What could have been done differently
- How would it be done differently.