- Conduct annual procurement planning that includes both office and program equipment, supplies and services.
- Link procurement planning to budget and work planning processes.
- Follow established written procurement procedures. (FAR/AIDAR)
- Provide for open competition to the extent possible.
Obtain quotations, review quotations against established criteria, use evaluation committees and justify vendor selection.
- Ensure adequate segregation of duties – prepare/review/authorize
- Document the procurement process.
- Keep an inventory of all equipment purchased and update it regularly, noting condition and location of items (see inventory register).